Mergers & acquisitions are among the most complex business transactions in the business arena. Do you have the proper resources to evaluate the proposed transaction?
Too often mergers in Vietnam that look great on paper are fraught with problems that can lead to continuing difficulties in merging staff and operations, or even to failure.
When working with your company to evaluate a merger or acquisition, M&A consulting firms can bring to bear its expertise in international investigations to evaluate strengths and weaknesses of either party.
Some consulting firms in Vietnam have worldwide network of investigators, lawyers, and financial professionals help ensure that there are no surprises after a merger, GBS is one of them.
“We help the buyers identify the potential risks in a new deal so they can make decisions with their eyes open and necessary facts at the fingertips”, Rahn Wood, Partner of GBS told Vietnam Insider.
According to Rahn, his firm provides essential M&A support services for both international and local enterprises, such as:
- An initial in-depth analysis of the potential target
- Background investigations on corporate entities, including verification of business registration, review of legal and financial filings, and clarification of corporate structure (such as branches and affiliated companies)
- Background investigations of corporate executives, including verification of career path and credentials, and review of civil and criminal records
- Research and analysis of the reputation of the company and its principals
- Research and analysis related to possible issues, to identify business connections of the company and its principals, including government links, directorships or relevant family ties
- Focus on company subsidiaries, to avoid acquiring any legal issues or other problems along with the parent company.
Mergers and acquisitions can be a tremendous opportunity for growth and beneficial for both M&A parties. However, “know before you grow” applies as much as caveat emptor. You should contact a professional experts, who can identify potential issues before you merge, to enable you to grow your business with confidence.
In related development, webinar Inside Out will be organized to provide business briefings and insights for Vietnam’s post-Covid investment opportunities.
Global Business Services (GBS) LTD and Vietnam Insider join hands to present the “Inside Out” webinar series, shedding light on Vietnam’s situation during the Covid-19 period to support foreign investors dealing with a dynamic business, regulatory, legal and operational landscape.
In this upcoming webinar, they invited 3 speakers from an international enterprises and a leading investment consulting firm in Vietnam to share their views and insights.
Join this webinar to find out:
- The challenges that investors face as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic and how to overcome this to setup your business in Vietnam
- Legal framework of doing business in Vietnam as foreign investors
- Real examples of starting a new business and acquiring an existing business in Vietnam
- Tips on working engaging investment consulting firm and local authorities in Vietnam