The Vietnam’s Ministry of Health just confirmed a new case of Coronavirus infection on February 1, raising the total number of infections of the new coronavirus in Vietnam to six.
The latest patient is a receptionist at a hotel in Nha Trang city, the central province of Khanh Hoa. The hotel was where the Chinese father and son, the first coronavirus infection cases in Vietnam, stayed during their travel in the country.
The son has so far recovered, while the father is still in isolation and receiving treatment at Cho Ray hospital in Ho Chi Minh City.
According to the ministry, the number of coronavirus infections in the world rose to 11,949 as of 8:30 on February 1, with 11,791 cases in China. The death toll increased to 259, all in China.
Here are Q&As on the Coronavirus by the official World Health Organization (WHO) website.
1. What is Coronavirus?
It is a large family of viruses that causes the common cold but may lead to more serious respiratory illness. People with weak immune systems and the elderly should take extreme care and avoid public places.
2. How it is spread?
This virus spreads easily from animal to human and also from human to human contact through:
- Close personal contact, such us touching or shaking hands with sick persons; coughing and sneezing, etc.
- Touching an object or surface with contaminants of the virus, then touching your mouth, nose, or eyes before washing your hands
- Fecal contamination
3. What are the Coronavirus Symptom?
Runny nose, coughing & sneezing, sore throat, fever/high temperature, severe headache, or shortness of breath.
- If you or your family has any similar symptom, we recommend you see your doctor right the way
- Kindly wear face-mask if you have fever/cough and let your doctor know if you requires to stay home or if doctor recommends you to stay home
4. Reduce your Risk of Coronavirus infection:
Clean hands with soap water or alcohol-based hand rub
- Cover nose and mouth when coughing and sneezing with issues or flexed elbow
- Avoid close contact with anyone with cold or flu-like symptoms
- Thoroughly cook meats and eggs
- No unprotected contact with live wild or farm animals
5. For everyone’s safety, we suggest:
- Wear a face mask when you are outdoors or when you feel sick
- Try to avoid all unnecessary public travel for the time being, airports, bus stations, train stations etc.. where sizable groups of people gather
- We recommend you wearing a face mask when talking with others
- If you are traveling back from the epi center of Coronavirus (China) should go to hospital for a health check
- Do not organize unnecessary meetings during this period
By VNA/ Vietnam Star