Eleven new cases of Covid-19 community transmission were confirmed in Vietnam’s central city of Da Nang Monday evening. This takes the country’s tally to 431.
Among the new cases, four medical staff of Da Nang Hospital have infected with the coronavirus.
The latest infections also raise the number of community transmissions in the past few days to 15 cases, the first of which broke Vietnam’s 99-day streak with no community transmission of the novel coronavirus. The Health & Life newspaper, a state-run media reported.
The latest patients were assigned numbers from 421 to 431 and aged between 24 and 70.
- Patient 421 is a 26-year old man from Tam Thuan Ward, Thanh Khe District, Da Nang City.
- Patient 422 is a 63-year old man from Hoa Minh Ward, Lien Chieu District, Da Nang City.
- Patient 423 is a 41-year old female health worker of the Da Nang Hospital.
- Patient 424 is a 58-year old female health worker of the Da Nang Hospital.
- Patient 425 is a 24-year old woman who has been patient at the Department of Tropical Diseases of the Da Nang Hospital.
- Patient 426 is a 62-year old woman who has been patient at the Da Nang Hospital.
- Patient 427 is a 45-year old man who has been patient at the Da Nang Hospital.
- Patient 428 is a 70-year old man who has been patient at the Da Nang Hospital.
- Patient 429 is a 53-year old woman who has been patient at the Da Nang Hospital.
- Patient 430 is a 33-year old woman who has been patient the Da Nang Hospital.
- Patient 431 is a 55-year old man who has been patient the Da Nang Hospital.
The central city has also closed “non-essential” services like amusement parks, beauty parlors, karaoke and massage parlors and bars.
The central city decided to lock down three hospitals: Hospital C, General Hospital, and Orthopedic and Rehabilitation Hospital where the patients visited just before they were confirmed positive for Covid-19.
The city also placed several streets under lockdown: Quang Trung Road (from Nguyen Thi Minh Khai-Quang Trung intersection to Dong Da-Quang Trung intersection), Hai Phong Road (from Hai Phong-Nguyen Thi Kinh Khai intersection to Hai Phong-Ong Ich Khiem Intersection), Ong Ich Khiem (from Ong Ich Khiem-Hai Phong intersection to Ong Ich Khiem-Dong Da intersection), and Nguyen Thi Minh Khai Road (from Quang Trung-Nguyen Thi Minh Khai intersection to Nguyen Thi Minh Khai-Hai Phong intersection).
For the rural district of Hoa Vang, social distancing is implemented in accordance with the Prime Minister’s Directive No. 19 dated April 24, 2020.
Of Vietnam’s 431 Covid-19 cases to date, 365 have recovered after treatment. More than 11,000 people in quarantine – 220 people in hospitals and the remaining in quarantine camps or at home.
By Vietnam Insider