Vietnam on Saturday evening documented a total of 28 new COVID-19 patients, according to the Ministry of Health
19 of the community-based cases are linked to Da Nang, which is the country’s outbreak epicenter now (including 11 cases in Da Nang city, 05 cases in Quang Nam Province, 02 cases in Ho Chi Minh City), infection source of 07 other cases in Da Nang not confirmed yet and 02 cases are imported in Tra Vinh Province. The Health & Life Newspaper, which run by Vietnam’s Ministry of Health reported.
Yesterday, the country reported two deaths of Covid-19 patients – a 61-year-old man and a 70-year-old man who had been receiving treatment for chronic diseases in Da Nang and another death of Covid reported Saturday morning, a 68-year-old woman who had blood cancer has died two days after being diagnosed with Covid-19.
Related: Vietnam confirms 3rd death linked to COVID-19 in Da Nang
According to the Vietnam’s Ministry of Health, 18 other patients, all older people with chronic diseases, are in critical condition.
Vietnam started mass coronavirus testing in the capital Hanoi, banned gatherings in its economic hub and urged tens of thousands of domestic travelers to report to authorities on Thursday, as the country scrambled to contain the new spread of the virus.
The ministry overnight sent a special task force of health experts, along with more than 1,000 health workers, to Da Nang to help handle the deteriorating situation there, it said.
The task force includes 65 health experts who had previously helped fight coronavirus at other epicentres in Vietnam, the ministry said.
By Saturday evening, Vietnam has recorded 586 Covid-19 cases, including 221 active patients after 373 have recovered. Now more than 91,000 are in quarantine in the nation.
Worldwide, more than 682,000 Covid-19 patients have been confirmed dead.