A seizure is an uncontrolled electrical condition of the brain. It ultimate effect the feelings, behavior, movements and the levels of consciousness. If you are experiencing two or more seizures effects, then you are in epilepsy condition.
There are various kinds of seizures with a range of severity. Seizure types vary as per the condition of the brain that how the brain works and how they perform activities. Sometimes one can experience seizures last from 30 seconds to two minutes. If you have a seizure for more than five minutes, then you required a medical emergency.
Seizures can occur due to head injury, contamination, after a stroke, or an infection. Many seizure issues can be managed with the use of medicine, yet seizures can significantly affect your life. The good news is that you can get back your life with medication.
Seizure Symptoms & signs may include:
- Experience temporary anxiety and confusion
- Feel uncontrollable jerking movements in the arms and legs
- A staring spell
- Loss of consciousness or awareness
- Loss of temporary memory
- Feel emotional effects, such as anxiety or fear
Specialists are classified seizures in two types like focal or generalized; both are based on how the brain works.
Focal seizures– Focal seizures are the reason for abnormal activity in one area of your brain. In this condition a person may or may not loss consciousness. Focal seizures further classified into two classes; focal seizures with disabled mindfulness and focal seizures without loss of consciousness.
Generalized seizures– Seizures in all the areas of the brain are called generalized seizures. There are several types of generalized seizures, like absence seizures, tonic seizures, atonic seizures, clonic seizures, myoclonic seizures, and tonic-clonic seizures.
When to see a doctor?
Immediate medical help is required if any of the following occurs:
- The seizure continues for five minutes.
- Having difficulty in breathing after a seizure attack.
- Experience high fever
- You’re encountering heat depletion
- You’re pregnant during the seizure
- Have diabetes
- Injured during the seizure attack
Causes & Complications
Nerve cells create, send and get electrical driving forces, which enable the brain’s cells to communicate. Anything that disturbs any of these things, leads to a seizure. The most common reason for seizures is brain disorders. Sometimes seizures may occur due to:
- You have a high fever due to a brain infection
- Lack of sleep
- Brain tumor
- Experience low blood sodium that often occur with diuretic therapy
- extremely high blood pressure
- a brain defect present at birth
- low blood glucose levels
- a brain infection, such as meningitis
- a brain injury during childbirth
- Electric shock
- an electrolyte imbalance
- Brain trauma due to high bleeding in the brain
- Liver or kidney failure
- a stroke
- Alcohol abuse
- Use medications; smoking cessation therapies, pain killers, or antidepressants
- Due to the use of recreational drugs, such as amphetamines or cocaine.
Often seizure can lead to some dangerous circumstances for you that might risky for you.
Falling– If you are with a seizure disorder, you can injure yourself such as bone break.
Drowning– You suddenly have a seizure while you are bathing or swimming, then you may experience accidental drowning.
Car accidents– A seizure can fall you in danger while you’re driving a car or operating other equipment.
Pregnancy complications- If you experience seizure during pregnancy, it can be dangerous for both mother and baby. Certain anti-epileptic medications can also increase the risk of congenital disabilities. If you are planning to become pregnant, but you have epilepsy, it will be best to consult with the doctor so that he or she can recommend the right medications to help you conceive a pregnancy.
Emotional health issues- People with seizures can experience psychological problems, such as stress, anxiety or depression.
How are seizures treated?
Seizures treatments depend on the effects on health. With treatment, you might be able to stop future seizures issues.
Don’t know if you heard about people using CBD capsules for sale for Seizure or epilepsy. But many people say it worked well and researchers have found the usage of CBD for seizure control. Evidences indicate CBD is a useful or successful treatment for preventing seizures. Click here to findout more.
Certain treatments may include:
- nerve stimulation
- surgery for brain abnormalities
- Use a specific diet, known as a ketogenic diet or recommend by the doctor
- With the use of proper treatment, you can minimize or prevent seizure symptoms.