Children at the age of 6-10 are eligible to receive a 50 percent discount on rail fare during Tet holidays, announced railway companies.
Accordingly, the Hanoi Railway Transport Joint Stock Company will offer the reduced fares that will be applied for SE1/2, SE5/6, SE9/10, SE19/20, SE29/30, SE13, SE15, SE23, SE29 trains with transport distances of 500 km or more from February 2-28.
While the Sai Gon Railway Transport Joint Stock Company will launch the reduction on distances of more than 500 kilometers, applied for trains connecting HCMC and Hanoi including SE3/SE4, SE7/SE8, SE9/SE10, SE11/SE12, SE29/SE30; and SE13, SE15 and SE17 linking Dong Hoi and HCMC from February 12-28.
The discount of up to 50 percent on tickets will be offered on trains that are not limited the distance, including
- SPT1/SPT2, SPT3/SPT4 on HCMC-Phan Thiet route; SNT1/SNT2, SNT3/SNT4, SNT5/SNT6, and SNT11 on HCMC-Nha Trang route;
- SD1, SD3, SD4, SD6 on HCMC-Dieu Tri; SQN1/SQN2 on HCMC-Quy Nhon route;
- SE25/SE26 on HCMC- Quang Ngai;
- STK3/STK4 on HCMC-Tam Ky;
- SE21/SE22, SE27/SE28, D1/D4 on HCMC-Da Nang; SE18 on HCMC-Dong Hoi.
According to the ticketing rules of the railway sector, children below the age of 6 accompanied by an adult passenger are often free, fare is charged for the second 6-year-old child. Children between 6 and 10 years of age must have a kid ticket that is 25 percent of the adult fare.
By Bich Quyen – Translated by Kim Khanh, @SGGP