By Vikash Singh
This might seem a big statement to digest. But yes, Blockchain is actually transforming the healthcare sector.
The healthcare sector already experiencing technological advancement in each of its aspects. Whether it is a general hospital visit or collecting the reports for test samples, all has been completely transformed with the advent of digital medical applications.
Today, when the blockchain has been introduced to the industry, the entire healthcare sector has evolved and started looking forward to positive transformations interoperability opportunities.
Blockchain generally described as the technology development platform which deals in connecting the devices and applications using block system. As per a few surveys, understanding the Blockchain’s potential along with realistic implementation is a puzzle to solve.
Leaving the rumors behind, it’s the time to concentrate on the recent Deloitte report which states that Blockchain offers a set of transparency, capabilities, trust, disintermediation, smart contracts and auditability.
The statement created a buzz in the healthcare sector which ultimately compels the medical domain to analyze the possibilities to use blockchain in different healthcare implementations.
How healthcare service providers tackle gathered patients data through Blockchain?
Generally, all the healthcare records are stored in the in-house or cloud server are not easily available to anyone. The records merely are available for a few particular healthcare service providers. The information is not even provided to the associated patients. To make the records available to all the correspondents
So, blockchain is here to facilitate doctors, practitioners and most importantly the patients with a centralized database that doesn’t get breached by the hackers. This is the major reason which is making the Blockchain technology a game changer in the healthcare industry.
The way blockchain-based apps and devices seamlessly exchanged the data is quite impressive which again becomes the reason for its adoption to solve medical complications.
Substantial Benefits of Blockchain For Healthcare
The market is flooded with a myriad of healthcare apps to solve personal and professional purposes. Undoubtedly, the apps are robustly built and functionally sound but still, these are lacking somewhere when it comes to offering the healthcare world a well-connected, reliable and strong database accessibility.
Today, the users are smart and demand the advanced apps that not only make their healthcare journey hassle-free but also an exceptional experience. Blockchain technology is empowering patient care by developing robust devices that are ready to share, access and control the data in most exceptional and efficient ways.
With blockchain, one will get the facilities including
- Integrity in database access where all the immutable data records are secured and also protected from the hackers.
- Exceptional data security due to the decentralization of the database.
- Personal data protection including patients identification data through well-known data encryption functionality of blockchain technology.
- Real-time data access and updates on different networking channels.
- System interoperability is the next big thing blockchain brought to the healthcare sector to enable data exchange and offer a universal global authentication method.
- It’s true that information gathered from different IoT based apps or health monitoring devices can be seamlessly added to the chain to facilitate the associated parties.
- The involvement of blockchain offered healthcare industry with hassle-free data management and that too without the intervention of third-parties.
- Owing to full-fledged data management, blockchain based apps provide improved individual healthcare services.
- Excellent quality and integrity of hospital and clinical data.
Earlier the healthcare domain was facing the difficulty of database interoperability. To empower the entire medical industry, blockchain has brought a completely new model of patient data management. It’s become a trend among medical institutions to adopt the blockchain technology to offer patients and staff the facility to deal with the well-sorted and secured database.
If you’re from the healthcare sector and trying to get sorted and well-aligned database of your medical records, embracing blockchain technology for your venture would make a wise sense.