Are you a job seeker moving to Vietnam who wants a new beginning in the beautiful city ? Are you coming for an internship, want to do volunteering or settle down as an entrepreneur and looking for long term rental ?
There are quite many ways and types of apartments to rent in Vietnam : some premium or more affordable options, depending on your budget and expectations. In this article, you will be able to find out what and how to find an apartment on rent in Vietnam.
Just like every other big city, Vietnam also has a wide array of renting options, and with great tips, it is pretty easy to find a good apartment fitting your wishes. The most affordable one being the shared apartments. Common shared apartments in Vietnam are considered the cheapest ways of renting and come with all the major facilities like cleaning services, Wi-Fi, parking area, furniture, and other amenities. The only downside is that if you have kids or pets, the shared amenity is not suitable for you.
Long term rental as foreigners in Vietnam
Who doesn’t like lavish studio apartments, and that’s what Vietnam also offers. If you have the budget and the heart to rent out a studio apartment, then all the majors cities in Vietnam : Ho Chi Minh City, Hanoi, Danang, Nha Trang … have a lot to offer. If you want to have your own kitchen and a private bathroom with a lot of privacy, then studio apartments are an excellent choice for rent.
If you do not want to be considered about the maintenance of the house, then you will be welcome to rent out a studio apartment in Vietnam city. However, for renting a studio apartment in Vietnam, one would require a one-year minimum contract so that it can be a downside for the renters.
How to find an apartment to rent in Vietnam
Now we would highlight a few ways that can be helpful for you while searching for an apartment on rent in Vietnam.
- Social Media – Social media can be a miracle in finding apartments for rent in Vietnam. The most convenient way is to join an active open Facebook group that would be helpful for you to find an apartment for rent more naturally. Since most of us are quite busy nowadays on social media platforms, we tend to post a great deal on our social media, so keep a regular check.
- Vietnam’s Craigslist – Did you know Vietnam has its own set of Craigslist? So, now it would be much easier for you to find your dream apartment on rent in Vietnam through the Craigslist. Also, if you want to buy or rent furniture or even other services for your residence, then the list can be quite helpful. It is also updated regularly, so you get the recent list to the apartment that you wish to rent.
- Real Estate Agent – This old but successful trick to find an apartment for rent in Vietnam is pretty handy. Just find the nearest real estate dealer online or offline and provide them your requirements, and they would be a great help to find an appropriate residence. The local sources know more about the place, and that’s how you can get the best deals with a face to face interaction.
- Online sites – Vietnam has it’s own array of online sites where they provide housing listings for rent to the needy. If you are a person who is not comfortable in Vietnamese so you can change the language of the website to English, then work your way in finding a new residence. The most helpful and with most successful reviews is batdongsan.com.vn, which can be found easily and has a very high achievement rate.
Pay the right costs while renting housing in Vietnam
Some other essential things to be considered:
- One has to remember that Vietnam is no different than other countries, so keep in mind that whatever policies apply in your country, it might be the same in this case. Remember, you would have to sign and provide to the landlords or the person in charge of full documents and disclose everything about yourself that they need to know.
- It is quite a common practice that you will be asked for the payment for one month in advance, along with a deposit for another month as a safeguard. Also, while you are renting an apartment in Vietnam, keep in mind that the details are correct, and there is no discrepancy between you and the owners. The laws in Vietnam are strict, and if any illegality is found, you will be in for big trouble.
- While you are deciding what apartment to rent in, just check out the environment and the locality of the property you are checking out. Also, you can take the help of local guides and people to help you out with what kind of apartment and where that residence should be situated. Do check of it’s of suitable distance from your place of work or school or college. Apart from this, the ways of commute should also be checked out once you have decided on your apartment to rent in Vietnam.
- In a couple of days, you will be able to find and rent your apartment in Vietnam. Do not hesitate to keep a stern check on whether or not the apartment meets all the safety standards and protocols. When you take a tour of the flat, check if electrical/heating and water system are working or not as afterward, these small mismanagements are a big headache. Insulation is an equally important part as one doesn’t want to keep on fixing the heating system; eventually, they shift. Just to avoid your time repairing your home check every corner of the house before shifting, because that’s important to save your time and money.
- The neighborhood is also an essential factor while considering an apartment to make your home. Just don’t choose anything if it’s cheaper, be wiser in your choice as it matters for the future.
- If you are browsing the social media and find the an apartment to rent, do find out all the details by contacting the concerned person immediately before anyone else rents the place out. You will get several ways to contact the relevant person, and they are also quite fast in response. You will have no problem while finding the apartment on rent if you follow all these tools of assistance.
If you are looking for a detailed guide to avoid mistakes and find your apartment or house for rent in Vietnam for a long period of time, consult the complete guide from Movetoasia.com dedicated to this subject.
>> Read the in depth guide about renting apartments in Vietnam <<
Feel free to check out the video at the beginning of this article. It gives you the feedback and the opinion of an expatriate in Vietnam and his best tips to help you find an apartment or a house for rent.