The Vietnam’s Ministry of Health late Tuesday issued an urgent notice to trace people who have visited the venues or places where confirmed COVID-19 patients have been.
They called on anyone who has visited the following locations in Da Nang City and Quảng Nam Province – Vietnam’s latest COVID-19 hotspots – to come forward and seek medical help as soon as possible.
IN DA NANG CITY:
1. Intercontinental Da Nang Hotel, Sơn Trà Peninsula, on July 17-18, 2020.
2. Bảy Ban – Bãi Rạn restaurant, Hoàng Sa Rd., Thọ Quang Ward, Sơn Trà District, from 17:30 to 20:00 on July 17.
3. Hải Sản Cua Biển (Seafood) Restaurant, 112 Võ Nguyên Giáp Street, Phước Mỹ Ward, Sơn Trà District, at noon on July 18.
4. Pháp Hội Pagoda, 69 Nguyễn Văn Thoại Street, An Hải Đông Ward, Sơn Trà District, on July 18 and July 25.
5. Thanh Khê Đông badminton court, Đỗ Ngọc Du Street, Thanh Khê Ward, Thanh Khê District, during 2-4pm on July 19.
6. Noodles restaurant opposite of 152 Lê Duẩn Street, Thạch Thang Ward, Hải Châu District.
7. Limousine Café, 419 Nguyễn Tất Thanh, Thanh Bình Ward, Hải Châu District, on July 20-23, 2020.
8. An Hải Đông Market, K/54 Lê Hữu Trác, An Hải Đông Ward, Sơn Trà District, from July 20-24, 2020.
9. Makeshift market (roadside food stall, specifically) along the Hải Phòng Road, near Điện Biên Phủ Street, Thanh Khe Ward, from July 20-25, 2020.
10. Lối Cũ Café, 07 Hải Phòng Road, Thạch Thanh Ward, Hải Châu District (near Da Nang Hospital), at 7-7:15am on the morning of July 22, 2020.
11. Demen Coffee House, 89 Nguyễn Trác Street, Hoà Cường Bắc Ward, Hải Châu District on the afternoon of July 23, 2020.
12. Phúc Tửu Hot Pot & Grill, 366 Đống Đa Street, Thanh Bình Ward, Hải Châu District, at 4-5pm on July 24, 2020.
13. Highlands Coffee, 203 Ông Ích Khiêm, Tân Chính Ward, Thanh Khê District at 7-8pm on July 24, 2020.
14. Roadside eatery opposite 40 Đinh Tiên Hoàng Street, Thanh Bình Ward, Hải Châu District, the morning of July 25, 2020.
15. The restaurant in Công Đoàn (Union) Hotel, 2 Ông Ích Khiêm Street, Thanh Bình Ward, Hải Châu District, at noon of July 25, 2020.
16. Hospital 199 (Ministry of Public Security), 216 Nguyễn Công Trứ Street, An Hải Bắc Ward, Sơn Trà District, the afternoon of July 26, 2020.
17. Sơn Trà District’s medical centre, 118 Ngô Quyền Street, An Hải Bắc Ward, Sơn Trà District, in the afternoon of July 26, 2020.
IN QUẢNG NAM PROVINCE:
1. Ái Nghĩa intersection market, Ái Nghĩa township, Đại Lộc District, on July 22, 2020.
2. Giác Nguyên Pagoda, Ái Nghĩa township, Đại Lộc District, the night of July 24 and the morning of July 25, 2020.
3. Vĩnh Đức General Hospital, 8A block, Điện Bàn District, on July 25, 2020.
In addition, all those who have been at these places are asked to call the hotlines 1900.9095 (Ministry of Health), 0905.108.844 (Da Nang Centre for Disease Control), or 0914.085.388 (Quảng Nam Centre for Disease Control) to give health authorities the phone numbers of the people who have come into close contact with them.
They must also self-quarantine at home, file a health status declaration at https://tokhaiyte.vn or download NCOVI app (the links for download can be found at https://ncovi.vn) and frequently submit information regarding their health.
Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) is an infectious disease caused by a newly discovered coronavirus.
Most people who fall sick with COVID-19 will experience mild to moderate symptoms and recover without special treatment.
The virus that causes COVID-19 is mainly transmitted through droplets generated when an infected person coughs, sneezes, or exhales. These droplets are too heavy to hang in the air, and quickly fall on floors or surfaces.
You can be infected by breathing in the virus if you are within close proximity of someone who has COVID-19, or by touching a contaminated surface and then your eyes, nose or mouth.