Logistics plays an important role in supporting the development of all sectors of the economy. Developing logistics services effectively will contribute to increasing the competitiveness of the economy and the nation. Germany is now the world leading country in logistics performance, measured by the LPI.
In international shipping operations, sea transport is the main transportation mode in international transport activities, accounting for 90% of world commercial goods. The container shipping industry has not achieved satisfactory results due to prolonged supply and demand imbalances. Meanwhile, international air cargo transport has tended to increase slightly over the years. The market for warehouse services is likely to expand as demand grows.
In Vietnam logistics industry has increased in size. However, the potential of the sector has not been fully exploited, Vietnamese enterprises only meet less than logistics needs. Vietnam ranks 64 out of 160 countries and is in the middle of ASEAN by LPI index.
Transportation accounted for the largest proportion in the turnover structure of the logistics industry. Cargo volume in Q1/2018 was estimated at xxx.x million tonnes, up 8.8% over the same period of 2017. Road transport contributed the largest proportion of revenue in the industry. Rail cargo volume has been continuously decreased over the years. Sea transport was estimated at xx.x million tons, up 3.9% over the same period.
The logistics industry in Vietnam is facing many challenges such as the challenge of competitive risk as the increase in export and import activities makes logistics become an important service sector of international trade. In logistics, there are potential risks from the organization’s inside and external factors such as transportation risks, outsourcing, human resource management, suppliers, etc. VIRAC forecasts in the period from 2018 to 2020, the road transport continues to maintain a low growth rate and still be the type of transport having the largest revenue. Port seactor has continued to grow well.
Companies Covered In this report:
- Petrovietnam Transportation Joint Stock Company- Pvt
- Vietnam Ocean Shipping Joint Stock Company – Vos
- Vietnam Tanker Joint Stock Company – Vto
- Vinafco Shipping Joint Stock Company – Vfc
- South Logistics Joint Stock Company – Stg
- Vietnam Ocean Shipping Agency Corporation – Vsa
- Vietnam Sea Transportand Chartering Joint Stock Company – Vst
- Gemadept Joint Stock Company (Gmd)
- Vietnam Container Shipping Joint Stock Company (Vsc)
- Hai An Transport And Stevedoring Joint Stock Company (Hah)
- Doan Xa Port Joint Stock. Company (Dxp)
- Cat Lai Port Joint Stock Company – Cll
- Tan Cang Logistics & Stevedoring Joint Stock Company – Tcl
- Dong Nai Port Joint Stock Company- Pdn
For more information on the research report, contact:
Ankur Gupta, Head Marketing & Communications
Sales@kenresearch.com | +91-9015378249