The South Korean Ministry of Trade, Industry and Energy announced on July 21 that it would send a chartered plane to Vietnam on July 22 so that 571 businesspersons working for 241 companies can enter the country. The Business Korea reported.
In addition, chartered planes will be sent to Quang Ninh and Vinh Phuc this month and next month.
A total of 1,500 businesspersons are expected to enter Vietnam during the period. The number is more than four times that of the special entry that was carried out in April this year.
According to the Business Korea, chartered plane-based special entry into China is scheduled to be expanded, too. 159 persons working for 57 companies are slated to enter Guangdong on July 23. This is meaningful in that not only large corporations but also smaller companies are now benefiting from such planes with regular flights limited.
The business persons are scheduled to arrive at their places of business after a two-week quarantine. During the period, they will be provided with health and safety measures and non-face-to-face programs for better adaptation.
Vietnam to resume select international flights
Vietnam is further easing restrictions as it reopens its borders to select destinations deemed to have handled the coronavirus well.
At the latest meeting of the Mekong Tourism Advisory Group, Tran Phong Binh, deputy head of the tourism market department at Vietnam National Administration of Tourism, said that starting this month, the country will welcome flights from Taiwan, Guangzhou in China, Tokyo in Japan, and Seoul in South Korea.
Tran shared that these places were chosen as they were considered to have managed Covid-19 “very well”. The agreement is only for overseas nationals, diplomats, high-level workers, investors and other special cases as determined by the government. Currently, Tran said they must undergo 14-day quarantine.
He added that if the pilot program is successful, authorities will consider putting in place similar agreements with Laos, Cambodia, Thailand, and Singapore.
Tran further said that the country has now entered the second phase of its “VietnamSafe” Communication Plan. The second stage of phase two will be implemented in October and will see the destination ramp up its promotion channels ahead of reopening its doors to international tourists.
However, Tran added, easing restrictions for international tourists will be done with caution, as the government monitors the situation.
In the meantime, Tran said the country has been successfully promoting domestic tourism since restarting flights within Vietnam in May. Heavy promotions have been put in place to encourage residents to travel local.
Tran noted: “Annually, about 13 million Vietnamese go abroad. With the borders closed, they cannot leave and are exploring parts of Vietnam instead. We are now receiving reports from some provinces that the number of tourists have increased from last year.”
He added that to date, Hanoi, Danang and coastal areas have drawn the most visitors. The TTGAsia reported.